Green School Programme
WWF - Pakistan Green School Certification
Green School Programme (GSP) is the pioneer environment school certification initiative in Pakistan. GSP engages students and teachers in a structured environment awareness curriculum. The GSP is tailored to each school’s academic calendar.
The registered school is awarded WWF - Pakistan’s accreditation of a ‘Green School ’ after fulfilling certain criterion.
Every year the students undergo different sets of environmental activities enabling them to grow as eco friendly and responsible citizens.
The GSP aims to foster a sense of individual responsibility and accountability towards nature conservation for a sustainable future.
Objectives of the environment education programme
- Bringing a positive change in the attitude of the youth;
- Create a more mature and environmentally conscious generation;
- Inculcate a habit of giving;
- Students become Ambassadors of WWF - Pakistan and obtain support for conservation;
- Ensure the future sustainability of natural resources in Pakistan;
- Responsible for reducing our ecological footprint.
- The GSP consists of a one year renewable contract with registered schools ;
- Allows students to get regular insights into the eco dynamics and environmental challenges faced at global and national level;
- Practical solutions to environmental challenges;
- Broaden students scope as responsible custodians of valuable natural resources;
- Inculcate civic responsibility in the youth ;
- Aims for a future where humans live in harmony with nature.