To empower and build capacity of the marginalized resource, poor farmers’ communities. This is done through innovation and dissemination of economically efficient ecological farming solutions and technologies, linkage development for agricultural commodities’ supply chain improvement, ensuring food security and promotion of Decent Work for All.
To restrain the agricultural impacts on environment caused by unwise use of agrochemicals and irrational irrigation practices of potential water thirsty crops through promoting Better Management Practices for sustainable agriculture in the country.
Our Goals & Strategies
- Ensure that crop production is sustainable and has minimal negative environmental impacts to cope with climate change;
- Promote collaborative research, partnerships, and strengthening of national agricultural research and extension systems;
- Encourage the private sector to purchase sustainable commodities like Better Cotton to create an enabling environment and ultimately improve livelihood of farming communities.
Cotton supply chain development
- Implementation of BCI production principals and criteria;
- Involving international brands, retailers, traders and other supply chain actors up the supply chain in order to streamline Better Cotton production and consumption;
- Better Cotton supply chain improvement through implementation of eco-technologies and Decent work in processing sector;
- Developing regional cooperation to foster collaborative activities in the region;
- Ensure 100% increase in approved Better Cotton production and availability;
- Motivation of leading textile brands to take ownership of and adopt/procure Better Cotton and financially support the Better Cotton system in its sourcing areas;
- Strengthening Farmers’ Organisations to build their capacity as Producer Units (PUs) to act as Implementing Partners (IPs) under the Better Cotton System.
Sugarcane Supply Chain development
- Introducing BSI standards to the Sugarcane supply chain actors(Farmers Millers, Local & international Bulk consumers such as Cadbury, Pepsi, Coke etc)
- Spreading Sugarcane improvement Programme to larger areas & larger number of farmers in coming years.
- Policy work towards increasing sugar industry contribution for rural development.