Women in Nature ConservationThe critical role of women in the management and protection of natural resources has remained relatively neglected in the developing world. In a country like Pakistan the contribution of women is important since they are not only responsible for the family, but also contribute to the family’s livelihood. 50 per cent of the total female population of Pakistan belongs to rural areas and earns a living through agriculture, fishing, stone extraction, wood cutting, and is therefore key in the conservation of natural resources.
This award celebrates the achievement of women conservationists in the country.
Eligibility CriteriaWomen working at grassroots level from all over Pakistan are eligible to apply for this award.
Selection CriteriaThe Scientific Committee and the Award Management Committee assesses the award contenders based upon the criteria set by the Boards of Governors, WWF-Pakistan:
- Contribution to nature conservation in Pakistan'
- Dedication to nature conservation;
- Field work and past achievements related to nature conservation;
- Discovery of new facts and an effort towards their dissemination at community level.
- WWF-Pakistan invites nominations for Women in Nature Conservation Award every year through advertisements in leading national newspapers, and through WWF-Pakistan websites;
- The Scientific Committee and the Award Management Committee scrutinizes all nominations, and forwards shortlisted nominations to the Board of Governors for consideration;
- The WWF-Pakistan Board of Governors then makes the final selection based upon the Scientific Committee’s recommendations.
Nomination Submission and Selection Process
AwardThe recipient of the award is presented PKR 50,000 cash, a certificate of appreciation and a memento in a ceremony held annually. Guests at the ceremony include experienced conservationists, experts from relevant government departments and educational institutions.
Women in Nature Conservation Award winnersDownload
Deadline for NominationsIndviduals/organizations are invited to nominate the potential candidates. Please submit the candidate's resume and one page description of the achievements by 5th October, 2016
For further information about SGP, please contact:WardaJaved ,
Senior Officer, SGP