Updates and Next Steps
- The Green Climate Fund (GCF) Climate Investment Council approved WWF's Recharge Pakistan: Building Pakistan’s Resilience to Climate Change through Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Integrated Flood Risk Management concept note.
- The GCF Secretariat subsequently approved the Project Preparation Facility (PPF) funding application for the preparation of the project proposal in September 2020.
- The Recharge Pakistan PPF application and concept note submitted by WWF can be found on the GCF site.
- Project Preparation Phase is for one year, where detailed feasibility and site selection will be carried out.
- Formulation of coordination platforms: Project Steering Committee and Provincial Advisory Committees will be established. District/zonal focal points to be appointed from irrigation departments and other relevant departments.
- Partnership and co-financing commitments will also be finalized. For this multi-stakeholder sessions will be held with government and non-government stakeholders.