WWF has a long history of working in partnership with the private sector to find innovative solutions to pressing environmental issues in Pakistan. Through its Corporate Membership Programme, WWF-Pakistan engages corporates in both dialogue and active support to preserve and improve the environment of our country.
WWF-Pakistan’s Corporate Membership Programme has strengthened over the years and support from the corporate sector has made it possible for the organization to take on countless environmental challenges and reduce the impact that we have on the environment.
With its global reach, scientific expertise and in-depth knowledge across a full spectrum of environmental issues, WWF-Pakistan aims to continue the following efforts:
- Allow companies to practice social responsibility and strengthen their corporate citizenship both locally and internationally.
- Raise awareness amongst the employees about their role in environmental conservation via hands-on environmental experiences and access to conservation opportunities.
- Assist companies in devising strategies to reduce their environmental footprints and promote sustainable development.
- Create a platform for different sectors such as agriculture, telecommunications, and power and energy, to demonstrate mutual responsibility in protecting our planet.
- Engage corporate member companies in WWF-Pakistan’s projects and programmes.